Located in Galion, Ohio,
the building which houses St. Theodore is a wonderful structure built in 1932. Along with the house itself, there are about eight acres of property which the community hopes to develop into an urban "oasis" to refresh the body and soul of monks and guests.
We closed on the house on the Synaxis of Michael, Gabriel and all the Heavenly Powers, November 8, 2000, and just three days before the Feast Day of our Patron Saint, St. Theodore, the Studite. The new "St. Theodore House" is an historic fixture in the minds of Galionites. The home is one of the four "Boyd Homes," which were built by the Mary Biddle Boyd family in the 1930's. The Boyds were bulwarks of industry in the community were the owners and founders of Galion Road Machinery (makers of road graders and other heavy road construction equipment). The home passed through the hands of the Tucker family before finally be purchased by William and Castella Gledhill (of Gledhill Road Machinery).
The property also includes a carriage house which houses our icon studio and will eventually be converted into a trapeza, a chapel and a bookstore.